Jun 17, 2009

Today was my good friend's golden birthday (woo, 17 on the 17th!). She had a party where we burned things and ate and played Rock Band. It was fun. Almost all of my friends from school were there, along with my boyfriend and a few other kids that my friend knows from outside of school. In total, there were 3 people attending that I did not know, 1 of whom my friend didn't even know. Yayyyy. :)

My sister's aunt died the other day. (All of my sisters are 1/2 sisters, if you're wondering how they have aunts who aren't related to me.) It was sad, I guess... I mean, I didn't really know her. She'd had cancer for a long time, so it wasn't really a surprise. It made me sad because my mom was about to cry when she talked about it, and my sister was sad, and I'm sure her dad was sad, since it was his sister who'd died. I wish I could hug my sister right now, though. I miss her so much...

I guess this would be a good time to introduce you to my sister.

This is an old old old picture. If my calculations are correct, this was when I was about 8, which would make her about 15. I'm guessing this was before she went to my schools Christmas Banquet.

I love old pictures like this... Also, wow, my living room used to be SO ugly. (We've since remodeled). Anyway... my sister. She's basically the most important person in my life. She's always been there for me. Even when we used to argue and get on each others' nerves, she was there when I needed her. I could always hang out in her room, and I loved watching her play video games like the Final Fantasy series. She's the reason I'm into gaming now, actually. She would randomly surprise me sometimes... like once, really early in the morning, she went to Jewel (grocery store) and bought some pastry things and some fruit and Cool Whip and we made a little breakfast before school. Another time, also really early in the morning, she bought the new DDR game and we played it before we had to leave for school. I never realized back then how cool she was.

Now, she's all grown up and in college and engaged (to a really awesome dude!) and... she's in Georgia... which is something like 14 hours away from here, I think. I would kill for a teleportation machine that could zap me right to her, whenever I wanted. I miss her so much... every time I visit her, I start to cry as soon as I'm either pulling out of the driveway or getting onto the plane... within 10 seconds of being able to see her, I just about fall apart. I hope you guys have people that you're connected to like that. No matter what happens, no matter if I do something really stupid, or if all hell breaks loose in my family, I know my sister will be there for me.

Hum... I think that's enough blogging for one day. Later, kids.


1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I really like it! I was wondering if you would vote for me for the Blogluxe Awards. The link is on my blog. It's the little Blogluxe image. Thanks so much!

    -Sara
    the-poet-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete