Sep 14, 2009

Ugh ugh ugh.

I hate it when my feet are too hot and I'm crying and my ribs are squished, especially when they are happening all at the same time.

-_-

On the other hand, I made a good choice tonight, and I will see how it goes. Going to test it out for a month and then reevaluate my decision afterward. (The Boyfriend and I are still together, fyi. The decision was nothing along the lines of breaking up or anything near that... just if you were wondering.) So we shall see.

I should, in theory, be getting my debit card in the mail within the next 3 days! Huzzah! I am mostly excited because then I won't have to carry around cash with me anymore, so I won't try to spend it all at once (again, in theory). I realllllly wanna get a Nintendo DS (or DSi or Lite or WHATEVER, as long as it's cheap), so I'm working on saving the smallish amount of money I have for that. Wheeee! :D

I watched this movie in my Doctrine & Apologetics class called "Lord, Save Us From Your Followers." We've actually been watching it bit by bit in class over the last week or so. I have to say, it was really good. The whole point was basically this guy walking around talking to people about Christians (sort of about Christianity, but more about the people who claim to be a part of it). What he found out (not so surprising), is that most people don't have a problem with the faith. They just have a problem with the followers. A lot of the time, Christians come off as judgmental, hypocritical, narrow-minded and so on. I've seen a fair share of this myself, and I'm sure at some points I've been guilty, too. But anyway, it was really cool, because he walked around and he just talked to people as though they were old friends, just loving them and being really cool. Most of all, he was LISTENING to what they were saying, instead of walking around preaching at everyone. Honestly, I really wish EVERYONE would listen a little more to each other. If we all loved each other a little more, and I mean loving by listening, reaching out in friendship, or even just going with the old standby of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all," I think the world would be just a little bit better. No, it'll never be perfect, but who says we can't try to cheer things up anyway, right? So yeah, if you're interested, you should definitely get your hands on a copy of that movie... It's pretty interesting (and fairly entertaining), and I think even to people of other religions (or lack thereof), it'll be a decent watch. (If you do see/have seen it, tell me about it?) ♥

I'm getting tired and I have a little homework to do, so I'll catch you all later. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment