Oct 17, 2009

So... I have a date. I know I said this before, however now it has an official day, which is tomorrow. o.o

I dunno what to wear... I dunno where we're going or when or anything... I guess I should probably ask, at LEAST the when part (I dunno if these things are supposed to be surprises or whatever). This is basically my first first date ever. With The (non-current) Boyfriend, we kinda established that we were interested the night we first met, and then the first couple of times we hung out, we were with other people. We were never alone until after we'd started the relationship, so there wasn't really a "first date" so to speak.

I'm thinking I will wear my most favorite pair of skinny jeans, a cute t-shirt, a cool jacket and this really sweet scarf that I have. If the scarf doesn't work out (I'm not sure how it'll look with the jacket because right now this is all just in my head), then I think I'll go with a long necklace. Gah, maybe I need to make a trip to a friend's house and steal something from one of them...

If I don't go with the cute t-shirt, I'll probably end up going with a short dress (still over jeans). I have a few that I really like (and haven't worn in a while...) that would look a little nicer/dressier (aka more "date-worthy?") AAAAnd if I don't go with that, I have a couple of cute skirts that I could pair with something, although it might be too cold for that sort of thing. Hmm...

The only problem left is shoes. I have a zillion (ok, 5) pairs of Converse. But I also have a pair of black, knee-high boots, OR some black ankle boots, OR some black heels, OR my brown clogs (but those are sorta torn up/gross so I don't think I'll go with them) OR my black flats. Oh yeah, I also have flip-flops (too cold!) and snow boots (too warm!). Hahaha. I'll probably end up going with my black high-top Converse because they go with nearly everything and they are very "me."

Hum... sorry that this has been all about clothes so far. I'm just... ugh I don't know! Haha. I'm excited but at the same time, I'm worried, and also at the same time I'm a little sad. I mean, if it doesn't work out, then I guess we'll just stay friends and it'll be fine. But if it does go well... well then what am I going to do? Should I try to pursue things with this friend of mine? Or should I just shrug it off and go back to The (non-current) Boyfriend? I mean... I still love him, I still want to be with him... Bahhh.

Oh well. New topic. Last night was fun fun fun. We had an Autumnal Celebration in school in which a bunch of people had a potluck, went on an Autumnal Walk of Joy on the prairie path, listened to poetry readings and, most importantly, listened as someone read "Where the Wild Things Are" to us. We then left and went to see the movie a bit later. It was a little awkward b/c only one of my friends could see the movie, and, you guessed it, it was the same friend that I am going on a date with. We didn't put down the arm between our seats in the theater, but we also did not hold hands/cuddle/anything... so it was just strange. In any case, I LOVED the movie. You should go see it... scratch that, you should go read the book first (it literally takes like 5 minutes or less), and then go see the movie. It was everything I'd hoped for and more. ♥

I guess that's all I have to say right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment