Apr 10, 2010

Self Centered Saturday #2

This post is all about me! Yay!

I just got home from my sister's bridal shower. My mom and I managed to buy the ONLY two duplicate gifts off the registry (well, I guess us and the other people who bought them). Oh well, at least they have receipts.

In other news, I HATE BANKS. I overdrafted last week. I got a letter in the mail last Thursday saying I was at negative $40 (shut up!) and I got paid the same day, deposited my $50 BEFORE 2pm on Friday, and thought nothing of it. The way the bank explained things to me, they said if I deposited any check before 2 on a weekday, it would go through that day, but if it was after it would go through on the next business day. Well today, I got home and found a letter from the bank marked April 8th. It told me my account was at negative $30. Apparently, my check did not go through until Monday and they didn't even put a halt on the overdraft fees over the weekend. I'm pissed, to say the least. Luckily, I had some cash on me and my mom (who can be extremely awesome at times) gave me some more, so I'm going in tomorrow morning and depositing it all. WHY THE HELL DO BANKS CLOSE SO EARLY ON SATURDAYS?!?! UGH UGH UGH. I already called and left a message with customer services, but they'll probably just tell me that I didn't deposit early enough or something stupid like that. It's too bad I'm a minor or I'd switch banks (since I did some research during my econ class and found out that mine is the most expensive). Yuck.

On a lighter note, I'm going to see Ben Folds in concert on the 20th with my friend Erik! I think it will be fun. He and I don't get to hang out very much, so it'll be nice to spend some time with him.

I guess that's all I really have to say right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment