May 26, 2009

I don't know what to post!

A follow up to a list of 100 things that I like seems rather difficult.

I watched Apocalypse Now (the Redux version, I guess?) today with the boyfriend. That was one of the more disturbing/weird/icky movies I've seen in my lifetime. I mean... it was a good movie, compelling and all that, but... sad and gross. And I don't feel like it was very representative of the Vietnam war. I guess I can't really say, since I wasn't there, but... riding in a boat and then (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER)? Just doesn't seem quite right to me.

So that was that.

Today, I cried... for the first time in a long time. One of my best friends is leaving school. Today was her last day, even though the school year ends in a little under 2 weeks (including finals). She's just got some stuff going on (this is the one with the sick relative) and I think she just needs to be at home right now, and spending time with her family. She's gonna take a couple classes this summer and graduate early, so she won't be coming back next year, either. This is so weird... this person... I can't imagine spending a week, let alone another school year, without her. Sure, I'll see her often (as promised/demanded, heh), but... I dunno. It's just a strange thought that she won't be with me to make jokes during class and complain about projects and doodle on random things. And... to be honest, I'm kind of afraid. Yes, my 4 other close girlfriends at school are amazing, but it's weird to think that one of our six won't be with us as often... the one who I feel like I can most relate to, at times... I love all my girls, don't get me wrong. But she's the one I've been able to talk to about stuff all along... I dunno, I guess I'm just rambling here. My point is that my friends and I all sobbed together at the end of the school day... it sounds so dumb when put into words, but that's what happened. I'm probably going to go cry some more after I get done posting this. =/ Jay Bee... I love you so so so much. I hope you know that. You are an amazing girl and remember that I'm ALWAYS here for you, no matter what. Who else could be me and my 49 (or 196, or 7, or 1, or 4 or 2 or 8) selves? I know we'll stay close, but we've got to work hard, okay? Okay. Good. (Remember that? haha.)

I guess that's about everything I've got to say.

Hmm... oh, I finished writing my speech... I need to edit it a bit but whatever. I'm giving it on Thursday, which means lots of practicing tomorrow.

Not really anything left.

Peace out, kids.



p.s. If you know someone who means a lot to you, don't be afraid to tell them, kay? It was weird... for maybe the first time, I looked my friend in the eye today and just said "I love you," right before we all went home. Maybe you don't need to do exactly that, but don't hesitate to let people know that you care about them. It really is for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment